Water.org is an international nonprofit organization that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world with access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, Water.org pioneers market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, they've been providing families with hope, health and bright futures.
About the water crisis
• 844 million people — 1 in 9 — lack access to water.
• 2.3 billion people — 1 in 3 — lack access to a toilet.
• More people have a mobile phone than a toilet.
• Every two minutes a child dies from a water and
• Water and sanitation-related diseases kill nearly
1 million people each year.
• Women and children bear the primary responsibility for
• Women and girls spend 200 million hours every day collecting
water. This is time spent not working, caring for family members,
or attending school.
• Women and girls living without a toilet spend 266 million
hours every day finding a place to go.
• Globally, 1/3 of all schools lack access to basic water and sanitation.
For each JeanAdore t shirt sold, we will donate $2 and for each regular item sold, JeanAdore will donate $1 . Through this donation we hope to assist in the support of Water.org in changing lives with access to safe water and sanitation for families around the world.
What can $1 do?
With $1 they can put it into a WaterCredit which creates $45 worth of impact.
And that’s how they make your donation go further.
Learn more at https://water.org
Water.org has helped people like these:
Aisyah — a smart businesswoman in Indonesia, whose family is healthy and harvest is plenty thanks to a new water connection at home.
Edita — a determined woman in a small Peruvian village, who built a new life for her family in a new place with good schools and running water.
Elma — a courageous fisherwoman in the Philippines, who freed her children from a cycle of poverty by installing a toilet and water connection at home.
Nanda — a loving grandmother in India, who took out a small loan for a water tap at home to support her small business and give her grandchildren the opportunity to go to school.
Sabina — a resourceful farmer in rural Kenya, whose bold decision to finance a rainwater catchment system gave her family a water source at home and a bright future.
Thank you for your generosity!
For more information, please visit https://water.org.